Connect to SecureMustangWireless with your macOS device for the first time.
- You must know your computer's administrative password to connect to SecureMustangWireless, which is different from your Cal Poly password.
- Faculty and Staff: If you do not know your computer's administrative password, please contact your department's CITC (LAN) Coordinator or the ITS Service Desk.
- Go to the Wi-Fi menu in the top right corner of the screen and select WiFiSetup.
- Open Safari. You should be redirected to the device registration page. If you aren't redirected, go to any web address in the address bar (except calpoly.edu or google.com) and press the Return button.
Click the Click here to install the root certificate link.
- In the REGISTER YOUR DEVICE box, enter your Cal Poly username and password, then click the Log In button.
- Click the Install Certificate button.
- A file, mdps_profile.php.cer, will download to your computer. Double click on the file to launch and install it.
- Next, profile set up will automatically launch. Click the Continue button.
- Click the Install button.
You may be asked to enter your computer username and password to make the changes. Click the OK button.
- While your device is now provisioned, there are a few more steps. You must remove or "forget" the WiFiSetup network from your device, before connecting to SecureMustangWireless.
- Go to System Preferences > Network. Select Wi-Fi, click the Advanced... button.
Click on WiFi Setup, then click the Subtract (-) button to remove the network. Click the OK button.
Click the Apply button.
- Go to the Wi-Fi menu in the top right corner of the screen and select SecureMustangWireless.