Connect to SecureMustangWireless with your Android device for the first time. This process may vary depending on your Android device and requires some type of active screen lock security (PIN, password, pattern or through fingerprint access, etc.) to verify your identity.
- Download and install the ClearPass QuickConnect app from Google Play.
Either download the app when you have access to an off-campus network or use cellular data to download the app.
- Go to Settings > Wireless and Networks > Wi-Fi, select the WiFiSetup network. Deselect Auto reconnect, then tap CONNECT.
- You should be redirected to the device registration page. If you aren't redirected, go to any web address in your browser's address bar (except calpoly.edu or google.com). If you receive a "Your connection is not private." message, please try another webpage.
- In the REGISTER YOUR DEVICE box, enter your Cal Poly username and password, then tap the Log In button.
- Tap the "I have already installed QuickConnect" link. If you have not already installed QuickConnect, tap the Install QuickConnect button and follow the prompts.
- Tap the Install Network Profile button, then tap the OPEN link at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to your Downloads folder. Tap quick1x.networkconfig to install.
- When you see the "Set secure screen lock type" message, tap OK.
You will need to lock then unlock your phone to verify your identity, either by entering a PIN, password, pattern or through fingerprint access.
- Provisioning should now begin.
- Next, you will see "Your device is now successfully connected to the SecureMustangWireless network." Tap OK.
- If you deselected Auto reconnect in step 2, you are done.
If not, go to Settings > Wireless and Networks > Wi-Fi, select the WiFiSetup network, long press it, then select "Forget network."